Despite significant resources for developing educational programs, low socioeconomic status (SES) international students are far less likely to achieve than their wealthier counterparts. Programs are created and administered in attempts to correct this disparity, but empirical research examining whether such programs succeed has been sparse.
Some institutions offer merit-based scholarships and many give preference to SES applicants. But students must consider other criteria before choosing a university.
Secondly, there are non-economic reasons that might influence one to study in the US. As some foreign students were reluctant to learn English or found that studying abroad provided more opportunities to learn English than staying in the country, some believe that learning a second language may benefit them when searching for employment after graduation.
Foreign students were generally less motivated than their American counterparts. Also, foreign students’ views on obtaining an education differed significantly from their American counterparts.
The need to apply for scholarships in the US is on the high rise because international students know that they can not afford to take care of all the bills they will need to get a quality education from the US.
In addition, many scholarships are offered only to those who come from specific countries or with specific majors.
Although it is well known that college degrees are valuable assets, little research has been conducted on whether such degree enhances job prospects or has any direct link to employability.
One factor which hinders successful outcomes is the lack of adequate preparation. Some factors have shown promise in increasing employment opportunities after graduating with a bachelor’s degree. Among these factors is increased knowledge of American society, use of language skills, understanding of coursework.
Furthermore, international students are to make their research on how best they can apply for scholarships in the US. Given below are a few scholarship schemes that international students can apply for.
List of Scholarships in the US
Knight-Hennessy Scholars at Stanford University
This scholarship is for international students who have decided to further their education in the US for both masters and Ph.D.
American University Scholarships
The American University Scholarships is for international students that will commence an undergraduate course in the university, the price of the award is between the U.S $6,000 to the U.S $25,000 per academic year. However, in most cases, it covers part of the tuition.
Berea College Scholarships
This happens to be the only school that covers all the bills you are to pay during your first year of enrollment. Although the school requires that you start saving $1,000 per year from the following year the school is also gracious enough to give job offers to its students to help them with the expenses and the saving required of them to make.
Foreign Fulbright Student Program
The Foreign Fulbright Student Program is for international students who have deemed it fit to undertake a master’s or Ph.D. degree program. The scholarship award covers tuition fees, textbooks, airfare, a living stipend, and health insurance.
The East-West Center offers funding to international students from Asia for up to 24 months. However, international students must be undergoing master’s or Ph.D. doctoral degrees.
The University of Minnesota Fellowship for International Students
The Sawiris Social Development Foundation is excited to begin the fourth round of the fully financed Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship Program for applicants requesting an MDP degree from the Hubert H. Humphrey School of Public Affairs, University of Minnesota, United States.
If you are seeking to study in the United States with a fully-funded scholarship, then this is a perfect opportunity for you to grab. The University of Minnesota Fellowships for international students are presently open. We will briefly explain everything you need to know ranging from the fellowship worth, eligibility criteria, and the method of application.
The University of Minnesota Fellowship is a fully-funded scholarship for international students. This scholarship is awarded to Masters studies. This scholarship provides full-tuition costs, Living expenses, Travel, and health insurance.
Applicants are provided with the necessary skills and knowledge through the program through a multidisciplinary curriculum that will enable them to meet the challenges of sustainable development, including the spread of poverty and population growth, food insecurity and climate change, and the management of non-profit projects and programs.
The University of Minnesota System is driven by a singular vision of excellence. They are proud of their land-grant mission of world-class education, groundbreaking research, and community-engaged outreach, and they are unified in their drive to serve Minnesota. The University was established in 1851 close to Saint Anthony Falls on the banks of the Mississippi River, they are one of five universities in the United States with an engineering school, medical school, law school, veterinary medicine school, an agricultural school all on one campus.
Brief Description of the University of Minnesota Fellowships for International Students
Scholarship Location: United States
Scholarship Host Institution: University of Minnesota
Level of Study: Masters
Opportunity Focus Areas: Click here to view all the available master’s programs
Scholarship Duration: Two years
Worth of Scholarship: See Below
Scholarship Application Deadline:
- December 15: Deadline for consideration for both University of Minnesota fellowships and Humphrey School merit-based aid
- January 15: Deadline for consideration for Humphrey School merit-based aid
Worth of the University of Minnesota Fellowship for International Students
Below are the benefits of the University of Minnesota Fellowship for international students:
- Full tuition.
- Living expenses.
- Travel and health insurance.
Eligibility Criteria for the University of Minnesota Fellowship for International Students
Below are the eligibility criteria all applicants must meet to qualify for the University of Minnesota Fellowship for international students:
- The required language is English
- All countries of the world are eligible to take part in this fellowship
- Applicants must possess a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a well-recognised academic institution in a related field of study.
- Applicants must satisfy the entry requirements into the academic MDP program.
- Applicants must demonstrate an excellent professional and academic track record.
- Applicants must demonstrate strong interpersonal skills (extracurricular activities/community work/entrepreneurial initiative).
- Applicants must demonstrate the inability to finance studies from their own resources.
- While no specific experience or academic track is required, students with a strong liberal arts education background and sound quantitative and analytical skills will be best prepared for academic success at the Humphrey School of Public Affairs.
- Previous coursework in mathematics, statistics, and economics is recommended.
- English language proficiency is required. Valid TOEFL or IELTS exam scores with a minimum of 600 (paper-based), 250 (computer-based), 100 (Internet-based, minimum 22 on each section) on the TOEFL, or 7 for the IELTS.
- A valid Graduate Record Exam (GRE) score is required. No specific score is required.
- Applicants must present an HR letter from their current employer including a salary/salary slip or a bank statement in case of unemployment.
- Applicants must present two letters of recommendation.
- Applicants are to bring a copy of the valid passport ID page.
- Applicants are to submit an updated resume.
- Applicants are to present all undergraduate and graduate (if applicable) transcripts.
- One personal photo is required
Method of Application for the University of Minnesota Fellowship for International Students
Ensure you follow the application steps below to apply for the University of Minnesota Fellowship:
- Choose Your Program: The Graduate School offers masters and doctoral degrees for more than 130 research-based graduate programs across two campuses. Choose your path.
- Review Application Criteria: Application requirements may differ from program to program. Be sure you have the right materials and qualifications.
- Contact Your Program of Interest: Programs that require certain materials may not review your application for admission until they receive these materials.
- Check Application Deadlines: To ensure your application is processed efficiently, we strongly recommend that you submit your completed application and all required materials at least two weeks before the application deadline.
- Apply Now: Create an application, upload your transcripts and credentials, and pay the application fee.
Clark Global Scholarship Program for International Students
The Clark University Scholarships are fully funded undergraduate scholarships for international students. This scholarship Program covers $15,000 to $25,000 annually for four years, depending on meeting academic standards for renewal.
Clark University was established in 1887 as the first all-graduate institution in the United States. Clack University has come a long way in the intervening years, but one thing has never wavered: Its commitment to a meaningful education that leads to positive change for our community and our world. Clark University’s objective is to educate undergraduate and graduate students to be imaginative and contributing citizens of the world and to advance the frontiers of knowledge and understanding through rigorous scholarship and creative effort.
The University aims to prepare students to meet the challenges of a complex and rapidly changing society. In students and faculty, Clark fosters a commitment to excellence in studying traditional academic disciplines, as well as innovation in exploring questions that cross disciplinary boundaries. The free pursuit of inquiry and the free exchange of ideas is central to that commitment.
Clark is dedicated to being a dynamic community of learners able to thrive in the present increasingly interrelated societies. The institution maintains a national and international character, attracting high-caliber students and faculty from all parts of the world. As a university residing in an urban context, Clark also strives to address the needs and opportunities of contemporary urban life.
Brief Summary of the Clark Global University Scholarships for International Students
Scholarship Location: Massachusetts, United States
Scholarship Host Institution: Clark University
Level of Study: Undergraduate
Courses Offered: Eligible Bachelor’s Programs offered at the University
Worth of Scholarship: Check Below
Program Period: Four years
Scholarship Application Deadline: November 15, 2022 / January 1, 2023
Worth of the Clark Global University Scholarship for International Students
Below are the benefits/worth of the Clark Global University Scholarship for international students:
- If admitted to the Global Scholars Program, applicants will receive a scholarship of $15,000 to $25,000 annually (scholarship will last for four years, based on meeting academic standards for renewal).
- If your financial need is greater than the amount of the Global Scholars award, applicants may be eligible for up to an extra $5,000 in need-based financial aid.
Eligibility Criteria for Clark Global Scholarship Program for International Students
Below are the eligibility criteria for the Clark Global Scholarship Program for international students, all applicants must meet the following requirements:
- The English language is the required language
- All world countries are eligible for the scholarship
- To be eligible, applicants must be first-year applicants (not transfer students) who have attended school abroad for at least four years. Clark also will consider international citizens attending school in the United States.
- Applicants should also have demonstrated the potential to provide leadership in their community and the world and to commit to making a difference.
- Applicants must show good academic results and other activities.
- Your eligibility for scholarships is based on your academic achievement (those indicated on your application for admission), not on your family needs. However, international students who may qualify for scholarships are still expected to demonstrate the ability to cover a significant percentage of the cost of their education. This includes students who wish to be considered for the Presidential LEEP Scholarship or the Global Scholars Program.
Method of Application for the Clark Global University Scholarship Program for International Students
Endeavor to follow the following application instructions below while applying for the Clark Global University scholarship program:
- Applicants are required to first create an account here.
- Applicants are to complete the College Scholarship Service (CSS)/Financial Aid PROFILE form.
- Applicants are to complete and submit the CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE by your deadline.
- Applicants will then receive detailed information — including the topic of the short essay — on how to apply for the scholarship.
Note: Use 3279 for the Clark CSS Code.
For more information about the Clark Global Scholarship for international students and how to apply, visit the official website below:
Berea College Scholarships for International Students
If you are seeking to study in the United States with a fully-funded scholarship, then this is a perfect opportunity for you to grab. The Yale University Scholarships for international students are presently open. We will briefly explain everything you need to know ranging from the scholarship worth, eligibility criteria and the method of application.
Berea College Scholarship is a fully funded undergraduate scholarship for international students. The scholarship offers 100% funding to 100% of enrolled international students for the first year of enrollment.
Berea College Scholarship is open to all international students from any part of the world who intend to enrol in undergraduate studies at Berea College United States. Berea College Scholarship offers 100% funding to all enrolled international students for the first year of enrollment. This combination of financial aid and scholarships offsets the costs of tuition, room, board, and fees.
Berea College is located in the United States and it is regarded as one of the best American Universities that awards 100% fully funded scholarships for international students. The college has an open application for international candidates seeking to pursue an educational career at the institution for the coming academic year.
Berea College is known for welcoming students of all nationalities, religious faiths, races, and ethnicities. International students should note that admission into Berea College is fully competitive, and you will need to meet specific requirements to be considered.
Brief Summary of the Berea College Scholarship for International Students
Location of Scholarship: United States
Host Institution: Berea College
Level of Study: Undergraduate
Duration of Scholarship: Four years or longer, depending on the major.
- Computer Science
- For more majors, click here
Worth of Scholarship: Check Below
Scholarship Application Deadline: November 30, 2022
Worth of the Berea College Scholarships for International Students
Below is the worth of the Berea College scholarships for international students:
- Berea College is the only school in the United States that provides 100% funding to all the enrolled international students for the first year of enrollment. This combination of financial aid and scholarships offsets the costs of tuition, room, board, and fees.
- In the following years, international students are expected to save $1,000 (US) per year to contribute toward their expenses. The College additionally provides summer jobs to international students so that they may meet this obligation.
- Accepted international students are expected to pay a $50 (US) entrance fee and a $2,200 (US) deposit to confirm their enrollment. This deposit can be used by international students for certain expenses during their four years of enrollment. For students who are unable to pay all or a portion of the deposit, additional financial aid is available.
- All international students are provided with a paid, on-campus job through the College’s Work Program throughout the academic year. Students may use their wages (about US $2,000 the first year) to cover personal expenses.
Eligibility Criteria for Berea College Scholarship for International Students
Below are the eligibility criteria for Berea College scholarships for international students:
- English is the required language
- All countries of the world are eligible
- International Application for Admission and Scholarship form.
- International Personal Essay and Essay Cover Sheet.
- Official scores from at least one of the following exams: TOEFL, IELTS, ACT or SAT. You should register and take the test early in order to include a copy of your scores in your packet and to meet the deadline.
- Official secondary school records.
- Personal Statement of Financial Circumstances.
- International Financial Questionnaire (IFQ).
- International Financial Recommendation Form.
- Two (2) Admission Recommendation forms, at least one of which should be written by a current or former teacher.
Method of Application for the Berea College Scholarship for International Students
Endeavor to follow the following application instructions below while applying for the Berea College Scholarship:
- Read the requirements carefully to check if you are eligible, click here.
- Download and fill the application form from here.
- Send an email with the application form and send it alongside the rest of the requirements to “Berea College Office of Admissions209 Chestnut Street, Berea, KY 40403 USA”.
For more information about the Berea College Scholarship for international students and how to apply, visit the official website below: